KeePass Password Safe is a free open source password manager, which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key file. So you only have to remember one single master password or select the key file to unlock the whole database. The databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known (AES and Twofish)”.
KeePass is currently available in two different versions (Classic and Professional). For home use, the Classic version is sufficient, plus it is not dependent on any operating system prerequisites. Portable versions of KeePass are also available that can be used on a flash drive. For mor information have a look at the editions comparison page.
- Strong Security
- Multiple User Keys
- Portable and No Installation Required
- Export To TXT, HTML, XML and CSV Files
- Import From Many File Formats
- Easy Database Transfer
- Support of Password Groups
- Time Fields and Entry Attachments
- Auto-Type, Global Auto-Type Hot Key and Drag&Drop
- Intuitive and Secure Clipboard Handling
- Searching and Sorting
- Multi-Language Support
- Strong Random Password Generator
- Plugin Architecture
- Open Source!
You can test the strength of your current passwords at Test Your Pas$word.
Also see Keeping Yourself Safe On The Web for more tips on password safety and much much more.