Uninstalling an antivirus or any other program should always be done through Add/Remove Programs or by using a free third party uninstaller like Revo Uninstaller or OPSWAT AppRemover. Only use the below methods if the Add/Remove Programs method fails.
This list includes uninstallers for many popular antivirus, antimalware and firewall uninstallers. For a more complete list of uninstallers that remove more than just antivirus, antimalware and firewalls please visit RaProducts’ Ultimate List of Uninstallers
As a precaution, backup your important files and/or Operating System before using any of these tools.
If you are using Vista or Windows 7, after saving the uninstallers, make sure to right-click and choose “Run as administrator”
- Avast! – Uninstall Utility
- AVG Antivirus – AVG Remover
- AVG Identity Protection – AVG Identity Protection Remover
- Avira antivirus – Avira RegistryCleaner
- BitDefender Antivirus Removal Tool – BitDefender Uninstall Tool (scroll down for tool)
- BullGuard Antivirus – Manually Uninstalling BullGuard
- Computer Associates (CA) – You may wish to contact CA) support if you are unsure of what tool to use.
- Dr Web – drw_remover.exe
- eScan Anti-Virus – eScan Removal Tool
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus Removal – How do I manually uninstall my Windows ESET security product?
- ESET NOD32 Removal Tool (Dutch but works for all languages)
- F-Protect AV 6.x – F-Protect Removal Tool
- F-Secure products – F-Secure Uninstallation tool
- G DATA AV-Cleaner – G DATA AVCleaner
- IObit software – BitRemover
- K7 TotalSecurity/K7 AntiVirus – K7 Removal Tool
- Kaspersky Removal Tool – Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products
- McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool
Note: After downloading the tool, extract it and run the TISTOOL executable. Click the ‘[B] Uninstall’ tab, and then click the ‘1. Uninstall software’ button. The above procedure is for the Antivirus / Internet Security products up to 2010.
For the 2011+ and Titanium products use the information below:
Note: You will be prompted for a password when you extract these uninstallers, use ‘novirus’. Run the ‘Support Tool’ executable and use the same procedure as above.
- Microsoft Security Essentials – How to manually uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials (scroll down for the Fix-It tool)
- Microsoft OneCare Uninstall Cleanup Tool (All versions; XP & Vista) – Windows Live Onecare Cleanup Tool.exe
- Norton/Symantec Removal Tool – Norton Removal Tool
- Norman Virus Control and Security Suite – Fixing a Broken Uninstall/Repair function
- Panda Antivirus Uninstaller – Panda Uninstaller.exe
- Panda CloudAV – Panda Cloud Antivirus Removal Tool
- PC Tools Antivirus – PC Tools Community Forum – Uninstall PCTools
- Prevx 3.0 – Prevx 3.0 Removal Tool
- Prevx 2.0 – Prevx 2.0 Removal Tool
- Sunbelt CounterSpy – CClean.exe
- Sunbelt VIPRE Antivirus – VClean.exe
- Trend Micro’s HouseCall – HouseCall Cleaner
- TrendMicro Products – TrendMicro (x86) – TrendMicro (x64)
- VIPRE Antivirus + Antispyware – Sunbelt Software CS&VClean.exe
- Zone Alarm
- OPSWAT AppRemover – What is AppRemover? AppRemover enables you to thoroughly uninstall security applications such as antivirus and antispyware from your computer.
- AV Uninstall Tools Pack – Includes tools for removing more than 40 Antivirus, Anti spyware and Firewall packages.
- If necessary for any antivirus or other program try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility – Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.
Other security software removal tools – If you have any that are not listed please reply with a link to it and I will update the list.
- ThreatFire removal tool (for version 3 and 4)
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask here.